Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Shining

Well I have started to pick up on reading the shining. I started it this last spring break but I just haven't gotten the time to just sit down and read. I have picked up where Jack Torrence is slowly but surely starting to lose his sanity. He has been chewing excedrine which he only did when he drank but now he would take it for headaches. He then decided to call Ullman (the manager of the overlook hotel) and basically try to black mail him, Jack said he wanted to write a book about the overlook hotel and all of it's scandals such as the man who was found dead because of a "heart attack". Now that Jack is becoming more and more on edge he keeps having thoughts of drinking saying he needs a drink this tells me that Jack is becoming desperate. Danny Torrence (Jacks son) is able to basically read the thoughts of people around him and he can tell that his dad is losing it and he can also tell his Mother is becoming scared of Jack as well. I can't wait till it gets to the weird crap in this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment